When it comes to bathroom renovation for smaller-sized bathrooms, space is often the biggest challenge. But with a little creativity and some smart design choices, even the tiniest of bathrooms can feel spacious and functional. Here are a few tips for maximizing the potential of your small bathroom space:
- Go vertical: One of the best ways to create the illusion of more space is to take advantage of vertical space. Install floating shelves or a tall, narrow cabinet to store items while keeping the floor clear. This bathroom renovation not only adds storage but also helps to create a more open and airy feeling. It also helps to draw the eye upward, making the space feel larger.
- Multi-functional fixtures: Another great way to save space in a small bathroom is to choose multi-functional fixtures. A shower-tub combination or a toilet with a built-in bidet are just a couple of examples of how you can save space while still having all the necessary amenities. Multi-functional fixtures can also be a great way to add some style to your bathroom, as many of them come in sleek, modern designs.
- Keep it light: Using light colours on the walls and floors can make a small bathroom feel more open and airy. Bright whites, light greens, and pale blues are all good options for small bathroom renovations. Avoid dark colours, which can make the space feel cramped. If you’re worried about the space feeling too stark, add some texture with a patterned tile or a textured wallpaper.
- Mirrors, mirrors, mirrors: Mirrors are a great way to create the illusion of more space. They reflect light and make the room feel larger. Consider installing a large mirror above the sink or even a mirrored medicine cabinet. Mirrors can also be a great way to add some style to your bathroom, as there are many different styles and frames to choose from.
- Storage solutions: Finally, smart storage solutions are essential in any small bathroom. Look for ways to store items such as towels, toiletries, and cleaning supplies in a way that takes up minimal space. A hanging towel rack, a corner shelf, or even a small cabinet above the toilet can all be great ways to add storage without taking up too much space.
- Hire a Professional: While it may be tempting to take on a small bathroom renovation as a DIY project, it is often best to hire a professional. A professional contractor will have the experience and expertise necessary to ensure that your renovation project is done correctly and efficiently. They will also be able to help you navigate any potential challenges that may arise during the renovation process. A professional contractor will also be able to work with you to create a design that is both functional and attractive, making the most of the space you have. At Allekon Contracting Inc, it’s our objective to consistently deliver exceptional workmanship and achieve complete customer satisfaction from beginning to end. By diligently comprehending and fulfilling the unique needs and expectations of our clients, our team of highly skilled professionals consistently provide a top-notch service, effectively communicating and reassuring customers throughout the duration of the project.
In conclusion, a small bathroom can still be a functional and attractive space with the right design choices. By taking advantage of vertical space, choosing multi-functional fixtures, keeping it light, adding mirrors, and smart storage solutions, you can turn your small bathroom into a space that you’ll love to use. With the help of a good bathroom renovation company, you can create a small bathroom that feels spacious and comfortable, and will be functional for years to come!